Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Chili I love! - 2 points per cup

  I make this vegetarian style, in the crock pot.  I get everything cut up the night before, throw it all in the crock pot the next morning, and it's ready when I get home.  By the way, I stole this picture, it's not at all what the chili actually looks like!!  Meat lovers love this as well! I can't keep my kids or my boyfriend out of it when I make it at home!

You can make this with lean turkey, but you would have to figure out the points on it.  My points are based on it the way you see it here!

2 zuccini - chopped up
1 yellow crook-neck squash - chopped up
1 full stalk of celery - chopped up (not just one stick, the whole thing!)
2 bell peppers (any color) - chopped up
1 large yellow or white onion - chopped up
1 28oz can chopped tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 package morning star crumbles (fake meat) - I believe you can use lean turkey, but you should calculate the points if you do, to make sure you're still on 2 points per cup.
1 package of chili seasoning
@ 2cups of broth (whatever kind you want)

Spray a pan, and sautee your onions and "brown" your crumbles or cook your meat with the onions.  Throw everything into a crock pot, and set to cook for the day - I go high for 4 hours, then on heat, but you could also put it on low for 8 hours, I suppose.

2 points per cup, so you can afford to add some cheese/sour cream if you want.  This is FANTASTIC and it's always nice to come home to dinner already done!

No comments:

Post a Comment